The Museum is situated in downtown Lillooet at St. Mary the Virgin, a former Anglican church. The original St. Mary’s, which was torn down in 1960, stood on the same spot and arrived on the backs of miners and their mules, who carried the timber, piece by piece over the rugged Harrison-Lillooet trail in 1860. The original chancel was incorporated in the new St. Mary’s and the melodeon and bell from the old church are displayed in the museum.